Hello there! Welcome to my little corner of the internet. Kick your shoes off and make yourself at home.
What can I tell you about myself? Hmmm. . .
- I am very happily married to my wife, Beth. I thank God daily for her, and pray that she doesn’t ever realize how far I “married up.”
- I am the proud papa of five wonderful children. Grace is an inquisitive ball of energy, and a wonderful big sister to brother Caleb, a gentle soul who nevertheless is definitely “all boy.” Samuel is our fearless, adventuresome daredevil. Matthew is our comedian and charmer, who can get out of just about anything with a charming smile. Newest arrival is Anna (3/2018), who is currently weighing her options. (“Do I have to stay with this family, or do I get to pick?”) She’s a cute one, so I think we’re probably going to exercise our franchise tag on her to make sure she sticks around for a while.
- I am a Christian (genus: Lutheran; species: Missouri Synod), saved by grace.
- I am now in the employ of Redux Realty, serving as digital marketing specialist. Previously employed by Prison Fellowship and the Institute on Religion and Democracy.
- I am a certifiable sports nut with questionable taste in teams. Instead of picking popular and/or winning teams, I choose to suffer with the Bengals, Reds, and Capitals, along with the teams of my alma mater (Miami University – the one in Ohio) and my childhood team (Ohio State). I am also an unfettered soccer fan, eschewing allegiances, except of course for the U.S. Men’s National Team.
- I am the oldest of four Rempe boys. This serves as a veritable well of writing material that you will no doubt encounter on this site. Suffice to say, my mother is a saint, and earned every last gray hair on her head.
- In addition to my blog here, I served as primary contributor to Prison Fellowship’s blog, and was an occasional blogger at the BreakPoint blog (check archive). I had an article published in Crisis magazine in the early 2000s, was quoted in a New York Times article, and was mentioned in a humorous piece written in ESPN: The Magazine. (I’ll let you guess which of those impresses my brothers the most.) A sampling of my writing, both professional and personal, can be found on my portfolio page.
There is no doubt more to share that I am forgetting. Check back and see what other revelations I am willing to offer, or just keep reading the blog – I’m sure the more you read, the more you’ll learn about me. And I hope you keep visiting anyway.